I love it when God mocks weak, lukewarm Christians by making them the brunt of His jokes.
Survival of the Fittest
Lots of Christians are very much alive today, 2,000 years after Roman pagans tried to murder all of us. Survival of the fittest?
Sadly, after spending a couple of years in Italy over nine trips, I have to admit that many Roman pagans are still very much alive too.
But Could God Have Used Evolution to Create Us?
Those who believe their great-great-great- … -great-grandpappies were pond scum – Evolutionists – often claim a few Christians among their ranks. These “Christian evolutionists” are often called Theistic Evolutionists. That term literally implies that God (Theos in the Greek) used the process of evolution to create man.
This argument certainly has merit…
…If you ignore the principals of evolution…
… … And if you ignore the Bible.
myth, er, I mean “process” normally moves from amoeba to sea life to land crawlers (after sprouting legs and lungs) to flying animals.
In an attempt to demonstrate how foolish theistic evolution is, God said He did it in this order:
- Day 1: God created the heavens and the earth. He also created light which exposes wherever darkness was present.
- Day 2: God created the firmament above the earth. Many debate the meaning of this firmament. Was it a fog-like method of supplying moisture to future plants and animals since (also debated) no rain fell on earth until the flood? Perhaps but not important for this discussion.
- Day 3: God separated land from the seas. He also put plant life including trees on the face of earth.
- Day 4: God put the celestial bodies in the heavens above us (three heavens exist, one of which is where the sun and stars we look up and see reside).
Day 5: God created the sea creatures.
Now this is where the Theistic Evolutionists begin to despise what God did on Day 5. Ready for it? On Day 5 God also created the flying creatures!
- Day 6: God created the earth animals and mammals, the ones with legs such as the “cattle” and “creeping things” (Gen. 6:24), and man.
- Day 7: God rested and looked at the Good that He had made.
Note: Yes, He literally made the earth in six 24-hour days.
God made the flying animals the same day that He made sea life. It wasn’t until the next day that He created the “in-between forms” that evolutionists and other low-intellects believe in: the land-crawling and walking life. Theistic evolution is impossible according to the Bible.
But any kind of Darwinian evolution is impossible according to the Bible (and according to science).
I love God’s sense of humor. Especially when so-called and weak and lukewarm Christians are the brunt of His jokes.