[by Greg Guts Perry]
Smashburger sometimes offers a deal to their SmashClub members that’s worth checking out if you like hamburgers.
We used to eat there quite frequently.
Their SmashPass deal to watch for is their, “100 Burgers for 100 Days for $100” deal. You must first join their free club to get the deal.
- Obviously, join their club. It’s free. They’ll give you a free item when you do. You must join to get the $100 for 100 Days deal, and hopefully the $100 purchase goes towards your accumulated points for future freebies. The club is here: https://smashburger.com/smashclub/
- The $100 deal always sounds good. They do this once or twice a year. I seem to recall it’s not just burgers but salads, etc.
- When paying normally, I’m always surprised at how expensive Smashburger is. It’s what also happens at Red Robin. I could have a coupon for BOGO or something good like that, and it still seems to be $20 for Jayne and me to eat a couple of burgers, sides, and drinks. Another reason the $100 SmashPass is a good deal.
- I assume it’s one burger daily for the $100. If you’re married and/or have kids, see if they’ll let you buy one for your whole family and drop the 100 drops by however many you get that day. It’s my guess they won’t do this. If you have to pay full price for your other family members, even if you get yours for the $100 deal, see my third point above.
- If your spouse is all in, getting two $100 SmashPass deals isn’t unreasonable.
- Add the fried egg if it’s included in the 100 deal. It’s always good and healthy on a burger. Avacado too if they’ll include it in the deal. If they add both of these, the $100 gets to be a much higher value.
- It’s good to mix-up our meals. Eating there 100 days in a row means little diversity in your food. I don’t think 100 days would make a major difference. Of course, they’ll use veggie or soy oil, so you’ll get a lot of that, but as long as you’re doing the good fats and therefore, offsetting with good omegas like lots of coconut and olive oil daily, this isn’t a big deal.
- I like the way Smash cooks its meat. And as far as burger places go, they do use a slightly higher grade of beef.
- I almost always still feel hungry after I eat at Smash. Some places and foods do this. Apples, for example, make me hungrier when I eat them although I rarely eat them. I’ve always hesitated to do the Smash $100 deal because I’d definitely eat there daily to use it fully, and I don’t want to feel hungry afterward for 100 days. This is probably just me though. And the egg and avocado definitely would help this if it’s included in the $100 deal.
- Their iced tea is organic. Nice surprise.